TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Our clients, ranging from law enforcement agencies and private sector companies, to scientific organizations, use our products on their rotary and fixed wing aircraft. Your job is to make sure everything is properly installed, working as expected and provide on-going phone and field-based support for our hardware and software.
We are looking for a tech savvy person with great communication and problem solving skills. Our company is small and everyone contributes with minimal supervision. If you are the kind of person who takes initiative and want to provide unparalleled support to our customers, you will fit right in!
Some problems and scenarios you encounter will be unique, specific, and difficult so you should enjoy figuring out complex and challenging issues. Support work will be done in both the office and in the field.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems from the office or on-site.
- Configure Churchill Navigation equipment in various aircraft.
- Create detailed tickets and track them in our ticket management system.
- Prepare data and final hardware configurations/testing for purchased products.
- Occasional travel to client sites (flexible).
- Automate the support & configuration process where possible.
- Documenting troubleshooting steps for internal support staff.
- Internal IT support for networking, servers, and desktops.
- Contributing to various projects via programming, testing software, or building products.
- Excellent debugging and diagnostics skills.
- Familiarity with networking concepts and configurations.
- Great “can do” attitude.
- Skilled in working with PCs and troubleshooting in a Windows environment.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand wiring diagrams.
- Scripting experience (Python/batch scripts/etc).
- Solder, crimp, and re-pin cables.
- Ring-out low-voltage cabling (serial, Ethernet, video, etc.)
- Producing FAQ documentation/videos for customers.
US Citizenship required. Great compensation available based on experience.
Churchill Navigation is an equal opportunity employer.