SOFTWARE ENGINEER, AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
Churchill Navigation is developing the next generation of airborne mission equipment — our products are used throughout the world in helicopters, airplanes, and UAVs for assisting first responders, monitoring wildlife and the environment, enhancing broadcast television, and much more.
The software engineer will do incredible things with all the video and other data in C++ on a high-performance embedded Windows computer. We care about building REAL products that look great, perform great, and are incredibly flexible. Competitive products coded in VHDL or Verilog and running on an FPGA are inflexible and have a limited lifetime of usefulness — we are looking for someone who shares our vision.
- Design and implement UI architecture and components.
- Profile and enhance software performance.
- Debug complex software to improve software quality.
- Work with other software, hardware, and test engineers and product management to develop new features, new software components, and support new devices
- Expert in digital video – processing, encoding, transmission, etc.
- Strong background in computer vision (e.g. OpenCV) preferred.
- 5+ years C++ experience.
- Strong skills in object-oriented design.
- Strong skills in UX development.
- Some knowledge of aerospace flight dynamics.
- Prefer experience in MSVS, Windows Forms UI, DirectX, Win32 API and remote debugging, x64, IP networking and USB3 communication.
Churchill Navigation is an equal opportunity employer.