One thing all of our users need is maps. At Churchill Navigation, we have tons of customers with tons of different maps. They come in many forms, like satellite imagery, aerial orthophotos, LIDAR terrain, topographic scanned maps, roads, parcel data, and points of interest – just to name a few. We take these different kinds of data and transform them for optimal performance with our product line. In addition to special orders from each customer, we strive internally to maintain a large store of off-the-shelf data for new customers, or people simply looking for a quick update.
As a GIS analyst, you’ll be working with customers and co-workers to ensure that the best available mapping data makes it to our users. The meat of the work can be anything from conducting one of our more standard conversion processes to devising totally new ones. You’ll also be verifying that the end results of our process display and function as expected, and if they’re not, correcting any outstanding issues.
- Oversee and coordinate conversion of various kinds of GIS data.
- Create tickets for data processing tasks and track them in our ticket management system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve scripting, programming and data issues.
- Automate conversion processes where possible.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience with an RDBMS, PostgreSQL/PostGIS preferred.
- Familiarity with GIS concepts such as projections, raster data, and vector data.
- Some programming (C/C++) experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Boulder, CO