Augmented Reality Mapping
for Survey & Utility Inspection
The Churchill Navigation Augmented Reality System (ARS) is the world’s leading augmented reality mapping system for airborne surveys and inspections. Installed in over 300 platforms across six continents, ARS provides unsurpassed situational awareness through augmented reality overlays coupled with 3D satellite and synthetic imagery.
- View lines, shapes, and polygons over live video – see where utility lines run, substations – practically any feature – over live video
- Let ARS steer the camera for you: Auto-follow features so that the operator’s attention can focus on the job and not moving the camera
- Pinpoint locations in multiple coordinate systems by simply touching the screen
- Create, modify, and combine polygons
- Eliminate the need for stand-alone video recorders with ARS’s built-in recording capability
- Playback and review while recording. See something and want a closer look? Pause and replay while you are still recording
- Lifetime software updates and an industry-leading 100% satisfaction guarantee
Comprehensive GIS, Imagery & Map Databases
Extensive Integration Capabilities
World-class Customer Service & Support
Augmented reality mapping (plus other tools) to make your job easier
Utility Inspection & Survey
Just imagine not having the tedious effort of working with thousands of digital images from a DSLR or trying to manually control the camera to stay over the line! Churchill Navigation’s Augmented Reality Mapping System (ARS) can display the route of natural gas pipelines, power lines, or any other utility line over live video. Let ARS automatically steer the camera along the line as you look for hazards. And even when the line is buried, ARS knows exactly where your camera should be looking.
Automatic camera steering comes as a standard feature in ARS.
By recording fully georeferenced video, ARS can allow you to export highly accurate shapefiles indicating the time and position of each animal identified. Other products can only record where the camera is located not where it is looking. Combined with our Ground Control Station, post-mission analysis and reporting is accomplished in significantly less time and effort.
Identify and name locations with point-point accuracy and instantly convert to numerous coordinate systems.
We’re passionate about making you look great
At Churchill Navigation, we build our technology to help make you look like rockstars. Here’s some of the ways we do that:
- Keep your eyes on the target with augmented reality mapping — See mission-critical information in real-time, over live video.
- Be the location expert even in unfamiliar terrain with our extensive mapping database.
- Integrated addresses, roads, trails, and even custom maps provide exact location certainty.
- Precisely identify the target based on name, location, or coordinates — and mark and save any location you see on screen with ease.
- Record the action in HD video, save and email screenshots, and control downlink systems all from the same screen.
World-class Customer Service & Support
We know that your mission demands your full attention so why worry about software updates or equipment support contracts?
With ARS you get a level of customer service unmatched in the industry:
- Free technical support – Call or email anytime with direct access to our software and hardware engineers.
- Training – Performed at your site with no charge for our travel expenses and time.
- Customization – Please tell us about your cool ideas and integration needs!
- Free software updates – When all our customers have the latest features, everybody benefits.
- Map updates – There is no charge for our maps and we will also install your provided map updates.
- Hardware warranty – Included three-year hardware warranty. Extendable coverage available.
- No hassle warranty replacement – If we cannot resolve your issue, we will send you a replacement system overnight.