Augmented Reality Mapping
for search and rescue operations
The Churchill Navigation Augmented Reality System (ARS) is the world’s leading augmented reality mapping system for airborne search and rescue. Installed in over 300 platforms across six continents, ARS provides unsurpassed situational awareness through augmented reality overlays coupled with 3D satellite and synthetic imagery.
- View streets, businesses, trails, points-of-interest, and just about any other geographical element on live video.
- Directly enter and navigate to coordinates regardless of coordinate system format.
- Built-in augmented reality trails, roads, and waterways to aid with SAR operations.
- Eliminate the need for stand-alone video recorders with ARS’s built-in recording capability.
- Reduce operator workload by creating on-the-fly search patterns and shapes and letting ARS automatically steer the camera.
- Playback and review while recording. See something and want a closer look? Pause and replay while you are still recording.
- Lifetime software updates and an industry-leading 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Comprehensive GIS, Imagery & Map Databases
Extensive Integration Capabilities
World-class Customer Service & Support
Augmented reality mapping makes searches easier
With ARS, search and rescue operators can view street, addresses, coordinates, plus many other types of information, directly on top of sensor video in real time. ARS combines all relevant mission information onto a single display, allowing the operator to stay focused on the target and the mission, instead of dividing their attention between multiple sources for video, mapping, and target information.
Pinpoint accuracy: When a missing person is located, the operator simply needs to touch the screen to show coordinates in any of several coordinate systems. These “markers” can be saved and reloaded if the aircraft needs to return to the scene multiple times.
Built-in features for accurate and efficient searches
Highly accurate on-screen markers identify last known coordinates or locations of interest. Built-in breadcrumb data show the operator precisely where the search has focused — and when the aircraft needs to return for fuel or a crew change, the next operator can load the data and seamlessly resume the search without duplication of efforts.
- Custom maps, imagery, POIs, and vector data: Trails, park maps, landing zones, topographic maps and more.
- Built-in search patterns — Slave the camera to automatically follow search pattern lines and other dynamic line layers
- Multiple coordinate systems and real-time coordinate conversion
- Save, export, and import everywhere the camera has searched or where the aircraft has flown
We’re passionate about making you look great
At Churchill Navigation, we build our technology to help make you look like rockstars. Here’s some of the ways we do that:
- Be the location expert even in unfamiliar areas with our extensive mapping database.
- When second matter, our highly-accurate search gets the aircraft, personnel, and the camera on target faster than ever before.
- View and call-out rooftop addresses, business names, points of interest, parks, trails, and much more with certainty.
- Mark precise locations based on name, address, latitude and longitude, or mark and save any location you see on screen with ease.
- Record the action in HD video, save and email screenshots, control downlink systems and search lights all from the same screen.
World-class Customer Service & Support
We know that your mission demands your full attention so why worry about software updates or equipment support contracts?
With ARS you get a level of customer service unmatched in the industry:
- Free technical support – Call or email anytime with direct access to our software and hardware engineers.
- Training – Performed at your site with no charge for our travel expenses and time.
- Customization – Please tell us about your cool ideas and integration needs!
- Free software updates – When all our customers have the latest features, everybody benefits.
- Map updates – There is no charge for our maps and we will also install your provided map updates.
- Hardware warranty – Included three-year hardware warranty. Extendable coverage available.
- No hassle warranty replacement – If we cannot resolve your issue, we will send you a replacement system overnight.