Augmented Reality Mapping
for Aerial Firefighting
The Churchill Navigation Augmented Reality System (ARS) is the world’s leading augmented reality mapping system used in conjunction with aerial firefighting operations. Installed in over 300 platforms across six continents, ARS provides unsurpassed situational awareness through augmented reality overlays coupled with 3D satellite and synthetic imagery.
- View streets, businesses, trails, points-of-interest, and just about any other geographical element on live video
- Directly enter and navigate to coordinates regardless of coordinate system format
- Create, modify, and combine polygons
- Eliminate the need for stand-alone video recorders with ARS’s built-in recording capability
- Reduce operator workload by creating on-the-fly search patterns and shapes and letting ARS automatically steer the camera
- Playback and review while recording. See something and want a closer look? Pause and replay while you are still recording
- Lifetime software updates and an industry-leading 100% satisfaction guarantee
Comprehensive GIS, Imagery & Map Databases
Extensive Integration Capabilities
World-class Customer Service & Support
Augmented reality mapping makes searches easier
With ARS, agencies can perform fire mapping directly on top of sensor video in real time. Operators can place geographic markers create, modify, and combine polygons, as well as calculate the acreage of a polygon and measure distances. Markers, lines, and polygons created on-board the aircraft can be exported using common GIS formats.
Accurate, real-time fire mapping: The ability to create an accurate map of a wildfire or any other incident is literally at your fingertips. With ARS and a touch-screen display, the operator simply needs to touch the screen to create a real-time perimeter polygon. These polygons can then be downloaded to an incident commander or operations center using common GIS formats.
Built-in features for quick and accurate perimeter mapping
Fire mapping in ARS uses any one of several options – touchscreen, keyboard, camera, or even the aircraft, to trace the perimeter of the fire.
- Custom maps, imagery, POIs, and vector data: Trails, park maps, landing zones, topographic maps and more
- Built-in GIS export lets save polygons directly to inexpensive removable USB media or email directly from the aircraft (if equipped)
- Mark the location of hotspots by simply touching the screen. Save and export to USB or view coordinates live, on-screen
- Multiple coordinate systems and real-time coordinate conversion lets you handle any type of location data
We’re passionate about making you look great
At Churchill Navigation, we build our technology to help make you look like rockstars. Here’s some of the ways we do that:
- Be the location expert even in unfamiliar areas with our extensive mapping database.
- When second matter, our highly-accurate search gets the aircraft, personnel, and the camera on target faster than ever before.
- View and call-out rooftop addresses, business names, points of interest, parks, trails, and much more with certainty.
- Mark precise locations based on name, address, latitude and longitude, or mark and save any location you see on screen with ease.
- Record the action in HD video, save and email screenshots, control downlink systems and search lights all from the same screen.
World-class Customer Service & Support
We know that your mission demands your full attention so why worry about software updates or equipment support contracts?
With ARS you get a level of customer service unmatched in the industry:
- Free technical support – Call or email anytime with direct access to our software and hardware engineers.
- Training – Performed at your site with no charge for our travel expenses and time.
- Customization – Please tell us about your cool ideas and integration needs!
- Free software updates – When all our customers have the latest features, everybody benefits.
- Map updates – There is no charge for our maps and we will also install your provided map updates.
- Hardware warranty – Included three-year hardware warranty. Extendable coverage available.
- No hassle warranty replacement – If we cannot resolve your issue, we will send you a replacement system overnight.