ION home > Aviation: Airborne Law Enforcement
ION: Perfectly suited for airborne law enforcement
ION provides airborne law enforcement with a flexible, high definition geospatial video recorder packaged into a single, compact and easy to use unit. Backed by Churchill Navigation’s industry-leading airborne mission management systems currently in use on over 250 airborne law enforcement platforms worldwide, ION was built with your mission in mind.
Simultaneously record multiple channels of HD video, audio, and geospatial metadata to low-cost removable USB or SD media. Automatically trigger recordings based on events such as skids-off or hoist cam activation. Never miss the action with ION’s built-in recording buffer that allows you to capture up to a minute of footage prior to pressing the record button.
ION, just like every one of Churchill Navigation’s products, comes backed by a company that understands your mission and the challenges you face every day.
- Use inexpensive SD or USB memory to capture hours of HD quality video with metadata.
- Never miss the action – ION’s configurable record buffer captures video prior to the record button being pressed.
- See what is being recorded as it is captured with ION’s 2.15 in [54.61 mm] diagonal, full-color, night vision compliant display.
- Playback and review while recording. See something and want a closer look? Pause and replay while you are still recording.
- Designed to work with any video source or gimbal.
- Capture recordings with GPS position information that can be integrated with Earthscape.com.
- Night vision compatible screen and backlit buttons.
- Priced at $9,500 USD
Expandable and Flexible
Do more with your mission recorder — With ION, expandability and flexibility are more than just buzzwords; they’re features.
Supported integrations and upgrades* include:
- Add AIS/ADS-B/AVL information into the Metadata/VANC stream being recorded (specific receiver is required and not included).
- Custom Symbology – PIP views, Custom water marks, Masking symbology
- Moving maps – Display open street maps, aeronautical, and topo maps on any compatible cockpit display.
- Display weather radar on any compatible cockpit display.
- Generate Reaper/Predator/Grey Eagle/Shadow/Scan Eagle symbology overlays.
*Upgrades features may carry additional cost and/or require additional hardware. Please contact us for details.
Lots of features. Compact design.
Ideal for panel or console-mounted “slide-in” installations, ION provides the crew with everything they need to control video recordings in one consolidated piece of onboard technology. The 5 inch (127 mm) DZUS rail mount design common among nearly all panel-mounted avionics, means that unused panel or console space can be productive again when you install ION.
Tested to hold up against rigorous DO-160 standards, ION can take the punishment, vibration, and environmental challenges of even the toughest installations.
Built with a modular design in mind, multiple ION units can be stacked for an almost limitless number of recording options.
Go Ahead, Press Record
You shouldn’t have to miss the action because you were worried about saving precious drive space. ION uses consumer-grade, off the shelf, class 4 (or higher) SD and USB memory — It’s easy and inexpensive to acquire. Recording roughly 4GB of high definition video per hour, ION can record one or several missions to low-cost, highly portable media meaning you won’t break the bank while recording the bank robbery!
ION’s recordable media drives are hot-swappable and expandable up to and beyond 1TB. So, go on, record whatever you want, whenever you want.
We’re passionate about making you look great
At Churchill Navigation, we take our relationship with every customer very seriously. That’s why we offer unrivaled customer service and support. We know that your mission demands your full attention so why worry about software updates or equipment support contracts?
Never pay for support or product updates again.
With ION you get:
- 3 year hardware warranty
- 1 year money-back guarantee
- 24 hour replacement for USA customers, expedited shipping worldwide
- Free support and software updates